Monday 13 May 2013

Image of the Day - Joy Trpkovic

Joy Trpkovic "My handbuilt ceramic work is inspired by natural forms, marine or land based. Delicate translucent funghi, fossis and shells are catalysts for interpretation. I use the simplest tools - my hands, a wooden stick amd a scalpel to carve and pinch the clay to risky thinness.  Hand painted low fired lustres complete the works which have been high fired to 1260 degrees C in an electric kiln. The colours I use echo my early watercolour paintings.

Recent wall pieces reflect the dynamic of shoals and colonies as I arrange groups of small sculptures, enabling display - either wall hung or free standing. Light can pass through the perspex box frames which enhances the delicacy of the work.  New tall paper thin vessels take very translucent wrapped porcelain to risky narrow height"

Joy Trpkovic will be exhibiting at Palace Art and Craft Fair 16 - 19 May at Fulham Palace (This Week)

No comments: