Wednesday 31 August 2011

Featured Artist - Rose Dalban

Rose Dalban lives and works from her home in France, and will be exhibiting at the Brighton Art Fair in September.

Where did you train? What did training teach you and what do you wish it had taught you?
Fine Arts college in Saint Etienne 42 France. I learnt the techniques of painting and sculpture.

When and where did you first want to do what you do?
I have spent most of my time drawing and painting since I was a young child.




One favourite living artist?
Zao Wou Ki for the dreams one can get when looking at his paintings

One favourite historical artist?
Turner for the light and the modernity of his work

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?
In the nature


What is the most interesting / fun job you have had?
I enjoyed drawing for a company which produced textiles

Have you had any interesting work related collaborations?
I spent a few years drawing with Mr Weisbuch ,a famous French etcher.

At age 16 who most influenced your style?
I spent my time watching the drawings of Rembrant for hours

What music are you currently listening to?
Jazz and classical music

Who would you say buys your work?
My painting is particularly enjoyed by people from Northern Europe

Where and what is your studio?
My studio is amidst forests, meadows and rivers.


Do you have a good work/life balance?
Yes because I love living and painting nature

What one word would describe your feeling of doing your work?
Happiness

If you could be doing anything else what would it be?
Sailor

If you could exhibit in any gallery in the world which would it be?
The Tate Gallery

No comments: