Wednesday 8 August 2007

MAKER OF THE WEEK - ZELDA WONG


Zelda Wong Jewellery

Contemporary silver jewellery inspired by botanical forms


1 Favourite living craft maker
Tord Boontje is my favourite product designer, his design are beautiful, romantic and clever.

2 What one product/item do you really covet?
Ron Arad - Well Tempered chair, surrealistic and ironic.



3 Last best read (book)
Marian Keyes - Anybody out there


4 Who would you say buys your work?
Women of all ages, women who perhaps love gardening or pretty delicate flowers, or ladies who might want to get noticed, they both share the same principle: a piece of jewellery that is unique, beautiful and will make them feel good.



5 How do you set about starting a new project?
I get bored so easily, so I will have to work on new designs very often to keep me excited. I start with a theme or object and try to create a little story of each collection.

6 What do you have on your pinboard?
Images of flowers & plant, and a picture of Marc Chagall's L'Anniversaire


7 Where and what is your studio?
A small green workshop, only big enough to fit one person. I have my music on all the time such as Bjork, Stranglers, Timbaland and Chinese music. I can't live without music.

8 What is your favourite website ?
klimt@klimt02.net news of Art Jewellery from around Europe. Good source of research material.


9 Do you have a good work/life balance? Are you able to switch off from art work?
No, I wake up late (sometimes) and work till late, and I work weekends, if I am not making jewellery, I will work on the admin or my images or my website.

10 Would you rather be doing something else?
If I am not making jewellery, I would love to work in the movies ( Not acting obviously )


11 If you could exhibit in any gallery which would it be?
Sculpture to Wear - Santa Monica, United States





No comments: